RE: [IP] Question About Eating Before Basal Testing (Nights)

Richard:
Why are you adjusting your insulin one hour after you eat?

Humalog may start to work within your body supposedly 15 minutes after you
take it but it lasts a lot longer in your body....

If your control is good this way, that is good for you but most people find
that their b.g. is still on the high side 2 hrs after they eat...

I know I would never take extra insulin to cover something I ate unless it
is like 3-4 hours after I eat...that's the way it affects me.
Kathy B.