RE: [IP] Question About Eating Before Basal Testing (Nights)

Why are you adjusting your insulin one hour after you eat?

Humalog may start to work within your body supposedly 15 minutes after you
take it but it lasts a lot longer in your body....

If your control is good this way, that is good for you but most people find
that their b.g. is still on the high side 2 hrs after they eat...

I know I would never take extra insulin to cover something I ate unless it
is like 3-4 hours after I eat...that's the way it affects me.
Kathy B.