[IP] Re: IV prep v. alcohol

In a message dated 8/15/01 6:14:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  we were told just to clean the site with alcohol, but ive been reading
here
 about iv prep pads. is there much of a difference?
 - -- >>

Yes, the IV prep dries to a sticky residue which helps to hold the site tape
in place.  I noticed in an earlier post you mentioned your little girl's set
falling out, the IV prep may help with that, or you may need an even stronger
adhesive.
My kids love playing with the little packet of IV prep after a site
change--they glue their fingers together with it!!

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7