[IP] Re: Losing weight

In a message dated 8/15/01 2:59:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Cherry said......I never eat breakfast or lunch and only eat a small
 dinner......Cherry I have to ask, did your MD tell you to eat like this or
 it something you just decided to do?  One of the biggest misconceptions
 losing weight is that if you try to starve yourself you will lose.  Well,
 truth is the opposite.  You would actually be much better off if you ate
 small meals throughout the day so that you do not let your body feel like it
 is starving.  Because you are starving your body it is going to
 hold onto all of the fat reserves to use them for energy as needed
 the day.
 Just a thought.  Anyone discount this or hear otherwise?  >>

Yes this is true from everything I have heard.  Our bodies evolved to allow
us to cover the "lean years" of not enough food.  Unfortunately, now in the
midst of plenty our bodies haven't recognized this as our permanent state of
affairs.  You have to reduce calories some percentage,  but raise your
metabolic rate to lose weight.  Not easy for so many people, especially when
over a certain age.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7 pumping 4 months