[IP] RE: weight

Just a friendly correction...to get u/kg/day, you divide the number of units
per day by the weight in kilograms (and of course, as you already know, to
get the kilograms, divide pounds by 2.2). Just to make sure I was
remembering this correctly, I double checked this info against an email my
daughter's endo sent me last year on how to figure it (because I always bug
him about stuff like this - wanting to know how/what/why he's doing stuff.
Hehe! I'm glad he humors me.)
So according to that, your u/kg/day would be .77u/kg/day if you weigh 240
lbs (109kg) and use 85u/day.
As for the insulin demands, that is a hugely YMMV thing. Some adults take
much less insulin than my daughter! Now for the weight, my daughter lost
weight (but grew taller) when she went on the pump 1 1/2yrs ago. Now she is
pretty proportionate at almost 5' and close to 95 lbs, whereas before
pumping she was a *little* chunky for her height. Some people lose, some
gain. Another YMMV thing.

Take care, Kerri
http://www.geocities.com/southard8/photos12.html (new!) - meet Joseph
Charles, born at home 3/22/01, 11 lbs, 21.5"
"May the warm winds of Heaven blow softly on your home, and the Great Spirit
bless all who enter there. May your moccasins make happy tracks in many
snows, and may the rainbow always touch your shoulder." - Cherokee Blessing

Bill said:
My carb to insulin ratio is typically 10 to 1 and 1 unit of insulin will
bring my blood sugars down 20 mg/Dl. My basil rate consumes around 38 units
/ day.  I am 6'4" tall and weigh 240 lbs.
This makes my insulin to weight ratio  .161 units / kg  (85 units /
(2.2 kg/lbs *240lbs). From what I have gathered in reading other posts it
sounds like many others
have insulin demands that are much less, but I am not sure how much body
size and weight effects insulin demand.