[IP] too much weight

I am having a great deal of difficulty to lose weight. Currently, my basal is
.8/hr (except .9 from 3 am-6am) for a total of  19.5. my ratio of insulin/carb
is 12 :1 and to bring it down, about 1 unit brings it down 35 points. I have
become so desparate, that I am trying to consume less than 50 carbs in evening,
with the hope, that reducing my insulin, an hopefully weight. I have heard that
if you drink a lot of water, that could help, - don't drink as much as I should,
any ideas?

David R