Re: [IP] set changes

Patrick Jobe writes:
>I use about 50u Humalog/day and I've tried to
>make the switch three different times. Each time
>I continued on an every third day schedule for
>three sets and each time I would have significantly
>higher BGs during the third night.

Is it known whether the time it takes a site to poop
out relates to how much insulin a person uses? I use
about 26 units a day (plus or minus 5, depending on
what I'm eating). I typically change sites twice a
week, and I generally don't have problems with a site
unless I let it go past four days (which I've been
lazy enough to do a few times.)

I ask because I'm trying to get pregnant and am
wondering whether in the later stages, when I'm
using a lot of insulin, I'll have to be changing
sites more often.

/Janet Lafler