[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #358-Which pump?

Dear Karen, I am on the D-Tron from Desitronic for about 3 or 4 months now. I
have been an insulin dependent diabetic for 50 of my 54 years and would not
minimed 508 is not. This gives me the flexability of going swiming withe the
pump on and also taking a shower with it on.The minimed 508 is also effected
by static electricity which can short out the unit and it must be shut down
for a period of time before it can be restarted. The D-Tron also can use
prefilled cartridges of humilog designed for the pen and it also fits the
pump making it very convenient.My last reason is that when I was going on
vacation and did not get the back up loaner I thought would be available
through a mistake ( rep brought the wrong pump ) I paniced and called the
company 2 days befor leaving, Lois Freedman and at least 2 other company
reps. called back on a Friday afternoon, Lois had a pump in my hands on Sat.
the day before my trip .My second choice would have been the animas, but I
was not sure about it because it is a relatively new company, but it does
look pretty good.The paradigm looks pretty good but others on the list say
that only the infusion sets designed to hook up to the resivour of insulin
can be used. Others have also said that the paridigm is destgned to use
smaller cartridges which means more frwquent changes of sets,and cartridges.

                             GOOD LUCK      Bill       email @ redacted