Re: [IP] Question About Eating Before Basal Testing (Nights)

I used to wake up with numbers around 250 when I had a severe LOW in the
middle of the night.  I was taught something interesting as to why that
can happen:

        Your liver may give off glucose when you have gone below 60 and
are asleep.
        Usually.
        So, when the glucose is delivered directly from your own body, you
may wake up with a higher number than you should.

Check your numbers at midnight, 2 am, 4 am and 6 am to have an accurate
idea.

As long as your carb to insulin ratio is correct, WHAT you eat shouldn't
really affect the middle of the night numbers.
However, I have heard an I have experienced that pizza is a bit strange.
Over the hours, converting the dough to carbos is a bit different.

I have done whole grain starches, 2-3 oz of baked protein and vegetables
WITHOUT SAUCE, that is a healthy way to have a "good" meal.

email @ redacted
Sent by: email @ redacted
08/15/2001 12:17 PM
Please respond to IP