Re: [IP] Question About Eating Before Basal Testing (Nights)

For any basal testing you must not eat or bolus for at least 4 hours before
you start the test to make sure that all the bolused insulin and food that
you ate are not in your system anymore.  Also do not eat any high fat and
protein meals as for some of us that can be in your system anywhere from 4
to 6 hours (YMMV).

Yes its very frustration and until last week I am also running high again at
nite so I will also need to test my nite time basals again except my problem
is I don't wake up for the alarm anymore with all the nite fasting my body
and ears will not respond to my alarms to wake me up to test and find out
which basal is off( I have 2 basals)

hope this helps and I'll be joining you