[IP] Hospital stay/c-section

I didn't get to plan my c-section very well.  My water broke 5 weeks early and we had already decided we would do a c-section because we thought the baby was very large (although he only weighed 7lbs 10oz because he was so early).
Make sure you know if they put you on a glucose IV after the delivery.  They like to do this because of the anesthesia I think. And you may want to warn the anesthesiologist about the pump.  I hadn't met mine before hand, and when he made me  lean up for the epidural, he saw the little tail from my infusion set and said,
"What's that???"   I guess he thought someone had already given me something.
My advice is test really often.  The hours and days following the birth of my son had some crazy numbers and be prepared for your insulin requirements to decrease rapidly.  If you decide to breast feed, it's even harder.
You can email me if you have any questions.

Sherry C.