[IP] weight

I'm just the mom of a son with diabetes and I can't even begin to know the
complexities of losing weight and the interaction of insuline. However, my
husband and I have lost weight over the past six months. While we have
always been active, we began to modify our diet and began weight lifting. We
have found that if we eat fewer carbohydrates and more protein in the
evening, it makes a difference. We don't wake up as hungry and the weight
tends to come off easier. We are not on a low carbohydrate diet, rather we
have adjusted when we eat the carbs, with the majority being eaten before
1:00pm. Maybe this approach will be helpful to others.

Dana Barber Gonzales, MHSA
University Affiliated Program
Department of Pediatrics
2001 Pershing Circle, Ste 300