Re: [IP] hospital stay/c-section/Julie

In a message dated 08/15/2001 10:16:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Any other thoughts?

Hi Julie,

When I had my C-Section, they just taped the pump to me, never took it off.
I had to reduce the basal by 2/3s in the beginning.  I was getting to many
lows.  I brought all my own supplies and the nurses allowed me to test my own
sugars.  After the c-section for the first day went on shots since really did
not eat much, but afterwards back on the pump and had to readjust basals and
carb ratios.  Had some lows but that is to be expected.  Otherwise, an
overall good experience.
Aviva Hannah 01/02/01 31 weeker