In a message dated 8/14/01 9:34:11 PM, email @ redacted writes:

>From: email @ redacted
>Subject: [IP] BARD
>The surgeon used Bard on my skin and now it is broken out in blood blisters.
>I can use the IVPrep but I guess I am allergic to Bards and didn't know.
>This was the first experience I have had with it.

BARD and IV Prep are used for different purposes.

IV Prep is an Antiseptic wipe used for preparation of the skin prior to
injection or venipuncture. It's active ingredient is Isopropyl Alcohol 70%
v/v. It also contains Purified Water, Butyl Ester of PVM/MA Copolymer, Acetyl
Tributyl Citrate, Triclosan.

Bard is a protective barrier film. It contains Isopropanol, 50/50 n/iso Butyl
Methacrylate, Cimethyl Phthalate.

You must be allergic to one of the ingredients.