[IP] Re: How have pumpers been impacted?

In a message dated 8/14/01 11:07:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

 Insulin pumpers that may use pens for backup... for whatever reason
 how have you been impacted since Lilly discontinued the Humilin N
 and Humilin R in the 1.5cc cartridge?

I didn't even know that these had been discontinued--when did it happen?
Although we carry a syringe for back-up, I always bought Claire's pre-pump
insulin (till this spring) in the 1.5 ml cartridges, so that I could keep the
smaller amount out of the fridge.  She only used about 120 units of Regular
(later Humalog) a month, so it was perfect.  I love this size cartridge for
carrying around for emergencies, though I now carry Humalog in this size.  Is
H being discontinued as well in the 1.5 ml size??

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7