Re: MAKE MONEY Re: [IP] Insulin Pumpers Fight Cancer *Update*

At 04:16 PM 8/14/2001 George Lovelace wrote:
 >Sorry to be so Loud, but I wanted to point out that other than giving you
 >a good feeling that your computer is using it's spare power to fight
 >cancer, you can also enter to win prizes and awards.  This month they
 >will give away $100 every day, a free trip every week, and the monthly
 >grand prize of a $3,000 spending spree on Dell.com.   So......

And, just to add my 3 cents worth... if this looks like a "scam" to you,
it's NOT. Its totally legitimate and backed by some pretty major
corporations, like Intel. It's part of a new concept of distributed
computing,  where many smaller computers can do the job of a much larger
machine. It works totally in the background and shouldn't interfere with
what you are doing at all. That's because it only works with the unused
computer cycles of your system.

Not only can this help researchers in cancer, but if successful, some of
these same research techniques may eventually be aimed at diabetes. They
are already working on projects in genetics, as well as helping the "Make-a
-wish" Foundation.