[IP] Re: Losing weight

<<Good luck, it takes persistence! Sharon >>

This is so true, even non-D people have a problem with losing weight.  If
that wasn't so, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig and all the others would be
out of business real fast.  While it's true that excessive insulin will
cause weight gain, with the pump you should only be taking insulin to cover
what you're eating.  So, if you eat less, you'll take less insulin.  I also
agree that exercise (which is my personal shortcoming) will help too.  My
daughter, who is non-D, has a problem with weight but she eats vast
quantities of food.  I tell her if she'd just cut her portions in half,
she'd probably lose weight, but it's always easier said than done.  And
even though we don't always want to hear it, as Sharon said, it takes
persistence and, I think, discipline to lose weight.  It's not an easy task
for anyone.