Re: [IP] Re: .bolus 8 vs 8

In a message dated 8/14/2001 2:26:40 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Was this a snack that the whole bible school was having, or something
> for your daughter?  If so, it sounds to me like some old injection therapy
> mindsets may still be at work.  A person on a pump shouldn't need to have
> between meal snacks, unless they want them.

I think it's safe to assume that a six year wanted a snack.   <g!>
Most school age kids need a morning and afternoon snack . . . At my
daughter's school (K-8), even the middle schoolers bring a morning snack.

But you're right about people having to break old habits and ways of thinking
when they switch to the pump . . . I have to work on my "ex" all the time to
remind him that there's no more NPH that's going to be kicking in and that he
really can correct her down at night . . . when she was on shots we couldn't
safely correct anything under 250 at night, and he still hanging onto that
mentality 2 months are the NOH has gone away (YIPPEEEEE!)