Re: [IP] A1C.

In a message dated 8/14/2001 3:57:47 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Do most people gain weight on the pump?

My 10 year old daughter actually lost weight when she started on the pump
(about 4 pounds in 2 weeks) . . . I think it was because we didn't have to
"feed" the NPH anymore . . . For some kids, I imagine it would be easy to
gain weight when starting on a pump because of the food freedom it offers,
but for my girl, the real treat was not HAVING to eat to feed or prevent lows
like when she was on NPH . . . YMMV