Re: [IP] bolus 0.8 vs 8.0

In a message dated 8/13/2001 11:19:24 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> We had a scary episode tonight where my daughter (age 6) bolused 8.0 instead
>  of 0.8 for her snack at bible school.

Have you checked to see if your pump lets you program a maximum limit on the
bolus amount?  Our Animas pump has that feature (I don't know about the
others).  We set my daughter's maximum bolus amount to 5.0 units just to
prevent this kind of mistake (easy for any kid to make!).  Most of her meal
boluses are under that, and if it happens to be a high carb meal she just
splits the total and does two boluses (less chance of stinging that way,
too).  She could still make a mistake, but at least we don't have to worry
about a 1.8 unit bolus turning into an 18 unit one!
Take Care,