RE: [IP] Denial of Coverage--A vent

I also talked with our employer who also self insurers. I pointed out the
overall cost savings in the long run if the pump were prescribed and the A1c
levels were maintained. I had actual numbers to give them relating to
diabetes complications. Numbers and facts seem to help them get over the
upfront cost.

Dana Barber Gonzales, MHSA
University Affiliated Program
Department of Pediatrics