[IP] stupid things doctors say

Talking about A1C's, we had a Endocrinologist (high ranked at UVA) tell us
once that we shouldnt worry about Kevins A1C being high (we were trying to
talk him into a pump) because "kids don't get complications!"  "Once they
become adults, then we worry about getting complications!"  OMG!!!!!!!! We
walked out of there looking at each other thinking THIS is what is wrong with
society! He honestly believed that. Do whatever you want now...it wont hurt
him til he's 18!  Needless to say, we got him on the pump, and switched docs
quickly! Someone who wanted good control and believed we could do it for a
child even!

Mom to Kevin, 13, dx 12/98
pumping 5/99

P.S. Kevin's A1C's have not gone over 7.0 for over 2 years....most have been
in the 6.3 range!(not many hypos)Get more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer
download : http://explorer.msn.com