Re: [IP] Alc after 1 yr. of pumping not too great

email @ redacted writes:

<< I dont know if its too much to hope for, but our alc after 1 year of
 was 9.2. I was really frustrated. Of course, Eileens alc before pumping was
 14, so it is an improvement, anyway. She is growing and I guess teens arent
 easy to control, we are now going thru periods where I'll have to raise her
 basals because of highs, and them lower them to what they were before after
 a few days. Has this happened to any other parents of teens?
My son's A1C before the pump was in the low 8s and now one year after pumping
it is the same.  He just turned 15.  His average on the glucose meter is
better and he gets fewer hypos.  His sugars are usually under 150 when he
checks them, which is about 8 times/day!  The pump has given him a much
better quality of life which is soooo important for a teen.  He would never