[IP] Re: living will

Often, I feel, it depends on the institution in which you are or are taken
to when you become incapacitated. I worked for years in a nursing home type
situation, most residents there signed a DNR. This was honored and life
rescuing measures were not taken. Though if something happens in your home
or out and you are picked up by an ambulance, resuscitation will be started
because the EMTs will not know of any DNR. This will continue at the
hospital till determined the extent or loss. Then the Dr. and family will
make a decision. This is the way it is in IL at least.