[IP] thinking of a pump??-do it!

I've been on the MiniMed508 for a bit less than 2 months. Have been
insulin-dependent for over 45 yrs. Very tight control to avoid complications.
Lots of hypos before the pump.

I see a lot of Profiles and can't get to all of them. I just would like to
say, if you are considering the pump, by all means try it. You'll LOVE it. I
have become a full-fledged human being. I can drive without fear of blacking
out (the peaking insulin(s) can be dangerous), work, talk intelligently, and
go to 10 p.m. weddings without worrying how i'm going to manage the shots or
food. We're going to Europe in a few weeks, and I don't have to worry about
the difference in time zones.

I can't believe I waited so long. It's the best thing I ever did. Yes, you
need a very good CDE to train you and, perhaps a person to give you help at
the beginning. I hate to tell my hubby: "I don't need you anymore" (ha), but
I am self-sufficient at this point.

You can ALWAYS go back to injections, if you don't like the pump. Try it, I
think you'll like it.

New York City