[IP] Denial of Coverage--A vent

Thanks to all who offered advice for my attempt to obtain coverage through
United Health Care for my pump.  I started this process on March 5, and had
my second denial last week.

My recourse at this point is only to appeal to my employer.  Large
corporations self insure and are not held to individual state laws, only the
ERISA law.  In order to minimize insurance cost, I fully expect to be denied
again, with litigation as the final recourse.  I am certain that legal fees
will be higher than the cost of pump, so I am mulling over my next move.

Lantus is looking better all of the time.

Terry Claussen