Re: [IP] Re: Insulin and survival

> when the japanese took singapore early in WWII a number of westerners
> were stranded there for the duration. one was a female diabetic. insulin
> sources dried up.

My husband is an outdoorsman and we also live in a rural area. While not
interested in insulin creation, I'm interested in how long insulin can be
stored, ect. This is a great story, I plan to find the article. But we can't
take insulin for granted, as this story points out. I prefer to be prepared
for anything and we can and preserve our own foods, ect. We're not
catastrophizing, not at all! We just enjoy living in a tradtional (read
archaic, but exciting) manner.  I'm just curious how long insulin could last
under which conditions, ect.