Re: [IP] Re: Insulin and survival

Jack Granowski wrote:
> If things became such that I could
> not get insulin, there would be a lot more very
> severe problems that would make insulin supply a
> very small problem. If my months worth was not
> enough, maybe I could go down Las Vegas Blvd. and
> round up all the stray cows and pigs and make my
> own.

when the japanese took singapore early in WWII a number of westerners
were stranded there for the duration. one was a female diabetic. insulin
sources dried up. her husband began on his own to make insulin starting
with a live animal. she survived through the war. the couple was english
and he may have been a scientist of some sort. i'm sorry i do not
remember where i read this, but i think it was a substantial (accurate)
source. needless to say it made quite an impression on me.

chris parsons
T1 84 HTRON Plus 99