Re: [IP] (no subject)

In a message dated 8/13/2001 8:11:18 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I am interested in starting on a insulin pump and would like to know
>  how many pumps are available to choose from?

There are three manufacturers of pumps in the USA (presuming that's where you
are located): Animas, Disetronic, & Minimed.  You can get request information
(brochures & a video) from each of them from their web site.  This
information will tell you about the benefits of pumping, in general, as well
as the specific features & specs of the pumps they have to offer.  They are
all good pumps and any one of them will allow you to take advantage of the
benefits of pumping.  Selecting a pump is a personal choice based on what
your individual needs and preferences are.  Here are links to all three
 <A HREF="http://www.animascorp.com/">Animas Corporation - Insulin Pump
 <A HREF="http://www.disetronic-usa.com/">Disetronic-usa.com</A>
 <A HREF="http://www.minimed.com/">MiniMed</A>

Good luck to you!
PumpMama to Katie (Age 10), Happily pumping since 6/1/01 with "Elvis" (her
Animas R-1000A)