[IP] unexpected hospital visit

Well, I am about 20 digests behind right now, it's been too busy and too many
things happening around here.
I did want to share about my weekend.  I had just found out last week I was
pg and then Sat at 5 weeks I had a miscarriage.   From the ER to the holding
room to the operating room for the D&C to the med/surg floor i was on
overnight I had no problems with anyone doing anything about diabetes or my
pump that I didn't want done.
I kept my pump on the whole time, I did my own blood sugars and corrected
when needed the whole time except during the surgery and in the recovery
room.  In the ER I was 48 at one point so my husband told the nurse and they
gave me glucose thru the IV since i wasn't supposed to eat anything.  I was
amazed at how cooperative they all were and that I didn't have to fight to
keep my "pump rights".   They even brought me a breakfast that was 'regular'
instead of a diabetic one and I thought sure i'd have had to fight them on
that one.  Many nurses came to see my pump because they'd never seen one
before or taken care of someone on their floor that had one.  I've a new
respect and good feeling for this hospital.
Just wanted to share my hospital experience.  I thought since it wasn't
preplanned it would be a lot worse about pump stuff but I was pleasantly

Faith and ??
type 1 diagnosed 9-81
started pumping 8-21-2000
assimilated by the d-tron 03-07-01