[IP] Re: red bump solutions

<our 3 1/2 year old daughter just started the pump about a week ago. so
far, she's had red bumps at the site after we remove it, and it looks a
bit red even while it is in.>

A bit of redness (actually, pinkness) is normal for Katie.  It usually
goes away after a few days.  Does your daughter complain of pain?  If
not, it may be okay.

<we're using the sils. i notice that it looks like it is slipping a bit>
<from what i've read from past posts, we should change sites more often,
and perhaps put tape under the set and on top of it. >

We noticed a tremendous difference in the durability of an insertion when
we started putting down a tape before then one with a hole cut in it
after she puts in the Sil.  She usually changes every third day.
<he thinks more tape will annoy her/limit her movement more.>

Katie takes a big breath and pushes her belly out right as she puts on
the first tape.  That way, the tape moves with her and doesn't limit her

Feel free to contact me directly if you have any more kid questions!

Alaska Debbie
Mom to Katie, dx'd 9/97, pumping with "Pump-kin" since 8/99