RE:[IP] My first A1c and my exercise question

   Congrats on that Awesome Ha1c.  You seem to be doing  about as well
as you can do with your control.
As for the exercise question, there are many variables that need to be
considered.  The intensity and duration of the exercise need to be known
because this will effect how much body fat and/or glycogen will be
released into the blood stream, which takes insulin to produce usable
energy for the organs and muscle. I normally reduce my basal insulin for
about one hour before exercise and keep it reduced through the exercise
by about 33%.  Keep on trying and it will become easier to control your
bg levels.  Keep a log showing all of your carb intake and insulin use
and you should be able to find a solution that works for you.  If you
lower your basal rate before exercise, you shouldn't have to snack
before the workout.  If you exercise for a long period of time (over 1.5
hours?) you will want to add some carbs to give you energy and prevent
you from going low, but this will take practice on your part.  I know
I've jumped around a bit I think it is better for you to stay on the
pump during exercise, because you won't have a problem running high
after exercise due to the fact that you have introduced no insulin for
one hour and now have to get insulin back into the blood stream.  Good
luck and keep up the good work.
Dave Sieperda