[IP] higher b.g. after fbs

Kathy wrote:

<<When I wake up my b.g. is pretty good at a fbs...About an hour or two
later, when I'm ready to eat breakfast, it elevates sometimes 30 pts.
sometimes 100....>>

I had this problem and used a suggestion made by another pumper on the
list.  I did a "get out of bed bolus".  For me it was 1.5u in the
beginning.  After awhile, I had to taper it down and after pumping for a
year, this problem for me, has disappeared.  Now I no longer need to do
this.  I don't know why this happens, I've heard it called a delayed dawn
phenom and attributed to hormones, and I don't know why I no longer have
this problem either.  And, as always... YMMV (your mileage may vary).