  From: email @ redacted
  To: email @ redacted
  Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2001 10:27 AM
  Subject: Re: [IP] red bump solutions?

  The Kaddens wrote:

  > our 3 1/2 year old daughter just started the pump about a week ago. so
far,
  > she's had red bumps at the site after we remove it, and it looks a bit
red
  > even while it is in.

  How long does it take for the red bumps to go away? How big are they?
  You have to expect a wound from the set, but the bump should be small,
  and go away in a reasonable amount of time. In my case, the bump is a
  bit bigger than pinhead size and goes away within 3 days. I leave my
  sets in for 3 days. I don't know what other people's experience is.

  > we're using the sils. i notice that it looks like it is slipping a bit -
some
  > sticky tape on her body and set a bit below. i'm wondering if this could
be
  > due to the heat/humidity, her activity (ie - sliding on her tummy down
the
  > slide) or baths (we change sites right after, but i do notice it is
looser
  > around the edges after a bath.)

  Again, I've noticed the same thing, but it doesn't seem to affect
  anything.

  The only time I get infections is when I leave the set in too long, or
  when I forget to cover the hole where the cannula goes from the button
  through the plastic with a bit of Tegaderm -- that's something I've
  discovered helps a lot, and I'm not the only one who has trouble with
  it! (And I've told MiniMed about it too, but don't know if they're going
  to do anything about it!)

  After you've been pumping awhile, you'll know what's normal for you and
  what's not.

  Good luck!

   Type Weird, pumping!
   mailto:email @ redacted