RE: [IP] My first A1c and my exercise question

Hi Arlie:
Let me be one of the first to congratulate you on wonderful aic's!!!  Way to
Go!!!!! :) :) :)

About the exercising...first and foremost, do you check before, during and
after exercising?  That is a must especially if it is strenuous exercise.

My dietician told me to halve my basal rate about one half hour before I
start exercising and don't bring it back to regular rate until one half hour
after I exercise...

Now I have to tell you that I haven't been able to try this out since I am
still recouping from surgery but I am going to try it and see how it works
out....

My problem is that she considers my gardening or cleaning exercise whereas I
do not :( and if I get the bug to just do it then I just do it at that time
and don't have the time to wait a 1/2 hr to lower basal rate...

So unless you are on a set schedule of doing exercises at a set time, I
believe this is a little difficult...for me, if I have time, I fit it in
whenever I can....

Let me know how you make out with this.
Kathy B.