RE: [IP] Type confusion

I spoke with a doc about the Medicare issue -- the supposed reason they
deny pumps to Type 2's is because there is no evidence of better
outcomes --

Above is not true...I am Type I and had a horrible time of being able to get
the pump approved via Medicare...If you take a CPeptide test and it comes
out .5 or higher, they consider it that you are still producing insulin and
therefore do not need the pump...

I went through three C Peptide tests before I came up with the right number
and I've been diab for 35 years...haven't produced insulin in all those

I was told that they are the only ones who require this test in order to get
kathy b.