RE: [IP] Frozen Shoulder Treatments

Hi Brenda,

I was just diagnosed with frozen shoulders. Both my left and right shoulder
are affected. I am going twice a week for physical therapy.

my MD prescribed  R x strength motrin.  After my therapist
completes the therapeutic stretching and exercises, she does a treatment known
as iontopherisis.   A topical steroid is put on patches and
placed over the painful areas of the shoulder. The steroid is put into
the shoulder joint via electrical stimulation (doesn't hurt!) . It's a 20
minute treatment. This has not affected my blood glucose at all.  At
the same time,  she applies heat.  My shoulders feel better and
the effects have been lasting. I've only had a few therapy
visits, but my shoulders feel better already and I've note some change
in my ability to move the shoulders better.  Hope this is
helpful.

Wendy R

MM508 -pumping since 5/99