Re: [IP] When to call Doctor

I think you need to ask the doctor what he/she prefers.  Different docs
do things different ways.  If you go in for regular check-ups (every
3-4 months), the doc will be able to help you self-treat over the phone
for most things.  The doc is only a consultant.  You are the caregiver!

--- email @ redacted wrote:
> I was just wondering when I should call the doctor when I have
> trouble with
> highs or lows. I have only been hospitalized 4 times in 15 years for
> diabetes
> alone. 2 times I was in DKA and one time I had a blood sugar of  over
> 600.
> Most of the time I don't call, I just treat myself. I will appreciate
> others'
> opinions.
> Michelle
> Pumping since 1996

=====
You can tell how big a man is by what it takes to discourage him.