Re: [IP] Frozen Shoulder Treatments

In a message dated 8/9/01 10:45:19 AM, email @ redacted writes:

<< have Frozen Shoulder and was wondering what you take for the pain and what
other treatments you have received?  >>

It has seemed for me that the best way to deal with the pain was to get some
range of motion back -- the pain lessens for me with far from complete range
of motion.  I found it helpful to get physical therapy when the pain was very
bad.  A cortisone injection followed by physical therapy after a week or so
while taking trilisate seemed to cause it to really seem healed for a while
at one point, but two other cortisone injections (in the other shoulder)
didn't seem to help at all.  While the pain was bad, I found it helpful to
put heat on it before going to bed -- I used a gel pack shoulder devise (of
course, it is really hard to imagine ADDING heat for any reason this week
<gr.>).  But that made sleeping a lot easier for me.

One shoulder is now back to near normal range of motion with no pain in some
years now.  The other one is still far from normal range, but since it is not
causing me pain, I'm not too worried about it, just try to use it as much as
possible.  Time seems to be also a good treatment <gr.>.  I agree with
Richard that strength training seems to help it, also.

Linda W