Re: [IP] Brittle Diabetics

In a message dated 8/8/01 9:57:47 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I'm on a 507 so I can't set different basal rates  >>

Sure you can.  You just have to remember what they were before so you can set
them back when you need to.  That's what I do.

About the sites and lack of fat -- I often use the area in front of the
ribcage, where there is very little fat.  I insert a silhouette just under
the skin -- of course, with age, my skin may be somewhat looser than yours,
so I am able to pinch it a little when I am bending slightly to be able to
insert the needle essentially parallel with the outside of the body.  That
technique probably doesn't work in areas where there is more muscle, but I do
also use it on my sides, both above and below the waist.

Linda Z