Re: [IP] Site absorption

In a message dated 8/8/2001 4:05:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> They suggest that you leave your set in place for a few hours after
> disconnecting to make certain all that insulin is absorbed but in the
> meantime, go ahead and do your new site....

I have tried this and haven't really noticed any great difference - and the
"oops" is - I forgot about the previous site - was going out to dinner -
looked down and there was my tubing dangling in the wind on the front of my
skirt - no wonder the valet have me such a wierd look (and here I thought it
was cuz he doesn't see that many cute chicks driving pickups....)

So as always - check and double check - I do usualy give a .5 - 1 unit bolus
BEFORE I disconnect old site - so that I've "pushed" some insulin - then I
also do the same for the new.

Linda & Dax