[IP] Cheerleading

I was wondering if there were any cheerleaders and/or cheer moms who might
be able to help me out.
I am a university cheerleader who will return to campus in a short week and
a half for pre-season cheerleading camp.  This will be my first season on an
insulin pump, and I have a couple of questions that haven't occured to me
(or my endo/CDE, who both think an insulin pump will help regulate my blood
sugars during our very long season--August through February).
First of all, how do you manage a pump with cheer uniforms?  I have thought
about using my thigh as an insertion site with maybe the esteemed "thigh
thingy", but I'm sure this becomes extremely obvious during jumps and
tumbling.  Any suggestions?  Has anyone found something that works for this?
Secondly, I'm worried about stunts.  The squad can't have any jewelry on for
cheering (including stud earrings) because of the risk that poses when
stunting, and I'm a little freaked about what could happen to an insertion
site--or the pump.
All of this kind of makes me want to switch to injections on game days, but
that's an awful lot: once a week during football season and up to four times
a week during basketball.  And then there's the issue of practices.  I mean,
if it's not safe to stunt with a pump (and I don't know whether it is or
not) during games, I'd imagine that wouldn't change during practices.  (I'm
not as worried about the cosmetic issue of having the pump show during
practices.)  The squad has been really understanding of my having diabetes
in the past.  Our head cheerleader's boyfriend actually has type one and is
on an insulin pump.  Come to think of it, he's one of the university's star
basketball players, and I would imagine he wears his pump during games.
Okay, sorry about the length of this.  Any insight y'all have would be
greatly appreciated. :)
Erin :)
age 20
diagnosed 5/87, pumping saline today and insulin on Monday