[IP] Types of diabetes

The diagnoses  NIDDM and IDDM are no longer used; those names were very
misleading.  Type l (body no longer makes enough insulin to keep person
alive). Type2  (body makes insulin but cannot use the insulin efficiently) ;
Gestational Diabetes (develops for first time during pregnancy and gone after
delivery) and Other (diabetes caused by use of steroids, pancreas removal,
etc.)  Many Type 2's require insulin for management.  I know of several MD's
in Atlanta who place Type 2's on pumps.  I have  read their "case studies."
If the person who cannot get pump approved will email me, I'll supply info.