Re: [IP] Denial of Coverage-- A vent

In a message dated 8/8/01 4:33:15 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I just received my letter from United Health Care denying coverage for the
 Some of you may have some experience in this, it looks as though my only
 option at this point is an appeal to my employer.  If that does not go my
 way, no pump. >>

Does your policy have language in it that specifically says insulin pumps are
not covered for people with type 2 diabetes? Unless it does, I'd say it has
to cover the pump. BTW, when my endo wrote the letter of necessity, he never
said what type I am -- just that I take insulin and will for the rest of my

Jan and Elvis
(type 2, pumping)