[IP] Denial of Coverage-- A vent

I just received my letter from United Health Care denying coverage for the

Some of you may have some experience in this, it looks as though my only
option at this point is an appeal to my employer.  If that does not go my
way, no pump.

In February, this process began with email to MM and Disetronic.  The pump is
considered "investigational" for type II (their categorization) diabetes due
to lack of peer reviewed literature.  My understanding of the definition of
T2 is NIDDM, which I was for 3 years prior to beginning injections.  I guess
I really did not need to begin injections after all according to UHC.  After
all this time, how much more?  next February?

At this stage, what can or should I do with this appeal?  My endo is
encouraging me to sue and even stated that in his letter for this appeal.  It
seems silly at this point to pay a lawyer more than the cost to avoid paying
for the pump.

Back to Lantus, I guess.  Thanks for the soapbox.

Terry Claussen