[IP] Site absorption

This is definitely a newbie question.  I've been pumping for under a month.
I've noticed that my bg is much better on days one and two of a site than on
day three.  This is day three and my numbers are creeping slightly, its also
hotter than h*#% here as I'm sure it is most everywhere.  Is the problem that
the site is old or is it the heat, or both?  My CDE wants me to change my
sets every 48 hrs, this is probably why.