From: mario/julie crosswell [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 11:21 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Need help

Hello everyone:

Our daughter Michelle started pumping 3 weeks ago, she
is really happy with it and we are too.

As all pumpers know, it's so hard in the beginning to
get the correct ratio and the correct basal.

So far we think we got the right basal, we have run
tests giving her no carbs to see how it works, and he
know for sure now that the basal we are using is the
correct one.

Then we try to get the right ratio for the bolus; we
started in 1X29 and we are now in 1X18; we started to
to see something very weird, it looked like the
humalog was picking in about 4 or 5 hours, and of
course this sounds completely weird; we talked to our
endo and she thought the same.

Anyway we kept running tests and now we know this is
impossible but this is an example of what is
happening, these are today's numbers:

11  a.m.  7.9   3.0 units  54 gr.
 1  p.m. 22.9
 2  p.m. 19.6
 3  p.m. 12.6
 4  p.m.  6.4
 5  p.m.  3.4

As you see in 5 hours she went from 22.9 to 3.4 and
this happens everyday; 2 hours after eating she is
always very high and then she starts dropping; how can
humalog last and pick so far?

Has anyone seen something like this? if so please mail
us; we are in a point that even we and our endo say
this is impossible, the numbers don't lie.

Hope to hear from someone.

Bye,

Julie and Mario, parents of Michelle 4 dx 01-01 and
pumping 07-01 and Alan 2.
Burlington, Ontario, Canada.
email @ redacted

=====