[IP] Joslin Clinic ? and endo vent

From: "Heather" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Joslin Clinic ? and endo vent

Hi everyone... I am going to the Joslin Clinic in Pittsburgh tomorrow for my
first high-risk pregnancy appt and was wondering what to expect.  Has anyone
else been to the Joslin Clinic?  The dr. I will see is Dr. Evron, and I will
also see a nurse and the dietician.  I'd appreciate any insight before my
appt if you have it.

I also wanted to vent a bit about my regular endo.  When I told his CDE over
the phone that I was going to Joslin, her tone of voice changed immediately.
A day later, she called me back and told me that my dr. said if I was going
to go with Joslin, he was going to back off and not get involved.  It would
just be too confusing with two drs involved.  I asked about my regular appt
scheduled in Sept. and she told me to let Joslin handle everything and she'd
go ahead and cancel the appt for me.

Is it just me, or are these people idiots?!  I always thought a diabetic was
to have a TEAM of drs to get the best care possible.  But this jack@## seems
to think he's the almighty and the only one I need.  Now I'm faced with
dealing with a high-risk pregnancy with drs 2 hours from my home, and
finding a new endo for after the baby.  The only other endo in our area is
an hour away!

It's always something, isn't it?  I just needed to vent.  Thanks for
listening, and TIA for any responses!

Heather  (who's not smiling this time)
well, i don't think your doc is annoyed at you going to Joslin which is a
franchiseed service which the hospital pays for. I think it is confusing to
manage a patient who is being looked after by another doctor. there will be
times where management decisions will conflict and then who is in charge.? I
think your doctor wants to save you these problems. His CDE probably didn't
express it well to say the least. Obviously you have a relationshiop with
your endo and it would be in your best interest to go in and explain it to
him. Also, find out who will be rendering the care at Joslin, if it will be
an endo fellow or a boarded endocrinologist. also find out how much
experience he or she has had in manging diabetes during pregnancy. If you
already like your endo, stay with him and don't let this destroy your
relationship. good docs are hard to find out there. spot