RE: [IP] Brittle Diabetics

Kathy B Said:
>doctors put him in the hospital to try to get his blood sugars under
> >control, feeding him the same stuff every day, doing the same stuff,
> >same insulin.......viola!!!  totally messed up!

Hey, I had the same thing happen to me.  When I was younger, I was
constantly in the Joslin Clinic to "get regulated" (sometimes two and three
times a year).  I would eat the same things every day (I pretty much still
do), same amount of activity every day, etc etc.  My A1C's would be worse
when I left than they were when I went in.  I bounced from doctor to doctor,
becuase no one could figure out what was going on.

The part that always annoyed me the most (and still does) is that docs
assume you're doing something deliberately wrong to be so messed up.
Thankfully, the doc I have now does think that. (Oh, is he an angel!!!) He's
actually seen some of the weirdness that happens to me when I was in the
hospital for three weeks.

AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424
MSN:  email @ redacted