Re: [IP] MM508 static electricity problems

 Judi wrote...<How often has this happened to people who have a MM 508
> Sounds like some kind of manufacturing defect to me, not something that you
> just say "it happens, reset it" after spending this much money.>

	Caitlyn's pump "blossom" died in May due to static electricity.  I was
brushing her hair and an alarm went off, the screen was frozen and I had
to take out the batteries to make it stop, and when I did, the time
display was still up.  Her pump WAS in a case, but it died anyway.  We
called MiniMed and a new pump was shipped to us the next morning.  They
also sent a new case, one that was silver-lined on the inside... they
said it would help with the static electricity thing.  So far, Caitlyn
and her new blue pump "bubbles" are doing just fine...  It blows my mind
that static electricity can kill a 5000+ piece of machinery, but it
did... live and learn I guess...

Carrie, mom to Caitlyn, dx'd 20 months, 6 1/2 & pumping since 7/00