RE: [IP] Brittle Diabetics

At 04:10 AM 8/7/2001 kathy bruckmeyer wrote:
 >Brittle diabetes does exist and your blood sugars do go up and down for
 >unexplained reasons...perhaps you're one of the lucky ones not to have this
 >but there are many people out there who are truly brittle diabetics!

As a so-called "brittle" diabetic myself, I don't think George meant that
there aren't people who have a very difficult time maintaining good
control. I think the problem is that often doctor's will often just stick a
label on something just because they don't understand it. There is no
argument that some people have a really difficult time no matter how they
try. I think it's the label itself that was in question.